There is a risk of becoming so focused on security controls and tools, businesses can neglect a key area of vulnerability and risk – the network. Conventional enterprise network architectures have not been designed and built for the dynamic and diverse deployment scenarios we face today. While network resilience has been the focus for most tech leaders; the distributed nature of our workforce makes “edgeless” networks an attractive and lucrative target for adversaries – and demands we rethink the modern network.
DataEndure’s recent TECH talk discussed the evolving nature of the network, why network security has become such a priority – and why it is the one area so many businesses get wrong. This has not gone unnoticed by the bad guys, with hackers attacking a network every 39 seconds.
The entire TECH talk is filled with information and facts, and we invite you to listen. We have also highlighted some key excerpts including the time stamps and encourage you to join the conversation.
- Why do we need to rethink the network? (2:00)
- If your network isn’t properly segmented, you are exposed from so many different points of entry (6:50)
- What is the difference between network resilience and network security, and why is it so important for the network today? (9:35)
- What are the critical 5 layers necessary to maintain a solid security posture? (10:23)
- Why is network security is a “miss” for so many organizations? (13:25)
- Buyer beware …. Rebranded VPNs with a concentrator in the cloud is not ZTNA! (15:00)
- 3 Factors why the network has been neglected as a security priority (18:20)
- What next steps can an organization take to evaluate or further secure their network? (26:08)
If you’d like to learn more about how your network security stacks up, or how to create a roadmap to get to “good”, contact us today for a complimentary Security Health Check.