When the network doesn’t work, nobody works
The network is an organization’s digital lifeline – it serves as the connection between applications and users, employees, suppliers, and customers. The network also serves as the key ingredient for a successful cyberattack. So, you’d think it would be front and center as far as security priorities. Unfortunately, it’s not. And, in the new world of distributed everything, the network is even more vulnerable as a target. And when the network doesn’t work, nobody works. A compromise, outage, or interruption of service can range from disruptive to destructive to the business.
Ransomware and malware incidents increased more than 400% from 2019 through 2022 – network security cannot and must not be taken lightly.
Conventional enterprise network architectures were not been designed and built for the dynamic and diverse scenarios we face today – with employees, data, and devices everywhere. The distributed nature of our workforce makes “edgeless” networks an attractive and lucrative target for adversaries – and demands we rethink the modern network – both how we manage and secure it. With 4 decades under our belt, DataEndure understands where and how the network must be re-imagined and fortified for today’s enterprise.
Rethinking the network
DataEndure offers a layered approach to network security – and it starts with TRUST. Organizations must shift their thinking from “we trust everything on the network” to “we don’t trust anything, regardless of where it is.” This includes an assumption that nothing is secure, whether in a cloud, in a data center, connected to a VPN, or behind a firewall. This is where Zero Trust comes in. Zero-Trust technologies push the security barriers of the network out to the end-user and the end-user device where most bad actors gain access to the network in the first place.
DataEndure’s Zero-Trust technologies help organizations “future-proof” the way organizations manage and secure their networks:
- ZT-WAN to replace site-to-site VPNs,
- Zero-Trust Network Access (ZTNA) to replace user VPNs,
- Secure Access Web Gateway for secure access to corporate web applications, and
- Microsegmentation to replace VLANs by moving application access permissions from the management layer of the network to the control plane.
DataEndure’s network security solutions map to key areas:
- Perimeter Defense: The network acts as the first line of defense, protecting an organization’s digital assets from external threats. DataEndure’s managed network services help protect and defend ‘edgeless networks’ against unauthorized access and malicious activities.
- Traffic Monitoring: By monitoring network traffic, organizations can identify suspicious patterns, anomalies, and potential threats in real-time. DataEndure’s Network Detection and Response (NDR) enables the detection of unauthorized access attempts, data exfiltration, and the presence of malware within the network.
- Segmentation and Access Controls: DataEndure helps organizations accelerate network segmentation initiatives to help separate critical assets, limit lateral movement within the network, and implement access controls. By isolating sensitive information and resources, organizations can mitigate the impact of potential breaches and minimize the attacker’s ability to move freely within the network.
- Threat Intelligence Sharing: With DataEndure’s N-SOC, network security professionals actively participate in sharing threat intelligence and collaborate with other organizations to stay informed about emerging threats and vulnerabilities. Such collaborations can enhance overall cyber resilience and enable proactive defense measures.
- Incident Response and Recovery: In the unfortunate event of a security incident, well-designed and secure network infrastructure can play a pivotal role in incident response and recovery efforts. Network logs, traffic analysis, and forensic investigation can provide crucial insights into the nature of the attack, facilitating effective incident response and preventing future breaches.